- oil(for frying)
- 1 1/2-2cups shreddedpattypan squash
- 1teaspoonvegetable oil
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- Before shredding, cut out the stem of the squash, but there’s no need to peel it.
- If the squash is large, more than 4 inches across, you may wish to cut out the bigger seeds.
- Preheat about 1/2 inch oil over medium-high heat in a deep skillet.
- Beat the eggs, milk and oil into the squash in a large bowl, then add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined with a few strokes.
- Drop tablespoons of batter into hot oil– in a big skillet, you can cook up to 8 at a time.
- Cook until brown, turn with a spatula and cook the other side until brown.
- Drain on newspaper or other suitable draining surface.
- Serve with horseradish sauce, ketchup or whatever catches your fancy.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »