- 1 (15 ounce)packagerefrigerated pie crusts
- 24pecan halves
- Unfold piecrusts, and press out fold lines.
- Cut several (10 to 12) leaves from each piecrust with a 3-inch leaf-shaped cutter, and mark leaf veins using tip of a knife.
- Reserve pastry trimmings.
- Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water, and brush on pastry leaves.
- Crumple 10 to 12 small aluminum foil pieces into 1/2-inch balls.
- Coat with cooking spray, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Drape a pastry leaf over each ball; place remaining pastry leaves on baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Gently remove foil from leaves.
- Pinch 12 pea-size pieces from pastry trimmings.
- Place between pecan halves, forming sandwiches.
- Cut remaining pastry into 2-inch pieces; wrap around pecan sandwiches, leaving jagged edges to resemble half-shelled pecans.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »