- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)canchicken broth, plus
- enoughwater, to equal two cups liquid
- 2cups diced peeledpotatoes
- 1/2cup slicedcarrots
- 1/2cup slicedcelery
- 1/4cup choppedonions
- 1/4cupbutteror margarine
- 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce)cancream-style corn
- 6ounces shreddedparmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir into the vegetable/broth mixture.
- Add corn and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »