- 6-8pieces bone-inchicken breasts, with skin or chicken legs, with skin on
- canola oil, as needed
- 1/2cupchili sauce(such as Heinz)
- 2tablespoonslemon juice
- 1tablespoonWorcestershire sauce
- 1teaspoon mincedonions
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1dashdried thyme, to taste
- 1tablespoonbrown sugar
- 1/2bay leaf, crumbled
- Heat oil in a deep 12″ size skillet- you will need more or less as needed to brown chicken.
- Place chicken in the hot oil and brown on all sides, then remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess grease.
- You may need to do this in batches, depending upon pan size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 F and have ready a roasting pan greased lightly with oil; place browned chicken pieces in pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour or until chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear with chicken is pierced, basting occasionally with the pan juices.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »