- 12cupstomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4cupsgreen bell peppers, chopped
- 1pintpickled jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped(see my Pickled Jalapenos)
- 1cupfresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced(For medium heat, I slice the jalapenos into rings to measure 1 cup, then mince them very fine.)
- 3cupsonions, chopped
- 3cupscelery, chopped
- 4garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (12 ounce)canstomato paste
- 2cupsbottled lemon juice
- 1tablespoonground cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and continue boiling for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle hot salsa into hot pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rims and cap with properly pre-treated lids.
- Adjust lids.
- Process in a boiling water canner for 20 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »