- plain cook Recipes - http://www.plaincook.com -
Orzo Tarragon Shrimp Salad Recipe
Posted By alice On February 4, 2012 @ 2:00 pm In Recipes | No Comments
- 16ouncesorzo pastaor rosamarina pasta
- 1 (10 ounce)bagfrozen asparagus, thawed and drained(or use an equal amount of fresh, sliced and steamed until crisp but tender)
- 12ounces cooked cleanedshrimp(cut in thirds, if large)
- 1cup finely choppedcarrots
- 1/2cup finely choppedcelery
- 1/2cup finely choppedred onions
- 3tablespoons choppedfresh tarragon
- 1/4cup choppedsweet picklesor sweet pickle relish
- 2cupsMiracle Whip light(don’t substitute)
- 1/2cup freshly gratedromano cheese
- 1/2lemon, juice of
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Mix Miracle Whip, lemon juice, tarragon, pickles, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix very well.
- Cover and chill well before serving.
- Garnish with quartered cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with additional grated romano cheese.
- NOTES: This is also good using chicken instead of shrimp, and broccoli or pea pods instead of asparagus (cheaper, too!).
- The amounts for the Miracle Whip, onions, celery, carrots, and tarragon can be adjusted.
- The amounts given suit my taste.
- When I make this the day before serving, I always add additional Miracle Whip before garnishing and serving.
- Cooking time is chill time.
- This actually serves between 4-10, depending on whether it’s a side dish or main dish and how much other food is being served.
Article printed from plain cook Recipes: http://www.plaincook.com
URL to article: http://www.plaincook.com/orzo-tarragon-shrimp-salad-Recipe-2012-02-04/
Click here to print.