- 1lbsugar(2 cups)
- 1lbbutter, room temp.
- 1lbflour, sifted with salt((4 cups before sifting)
- 1dozeneggs(12-10 depends how hen is laying today!)
- 1/4cupfresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoonfresh lemon rind, grated
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating after each.
- Gradually add sifted flour, 1/2 cup at a time, til all blended.
- Add lemon juice and lemon rind, blend inches.
- Pour into a buttered and floured tube pan.
- Bake 1hr 15mins to 1hr 30mins; Til toothpick in center comes out clean.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »