- 1lbground beef, soak in water for 2 hours
- 1cupshortening(the 1 cup of shortening is NOT a misprint)
- 1mediumonion, diced
- 1/3cupchili powder
- 1teaspoonblack pepper, coarsely ground
- 1teaspoongarlic powder
- 1teaspooncumin powder
- 1teaspoonbasil, dried
- 1/2teaspoonoregano, dried
- To get the right consistency, cover the meat with water and soak, in the fridge, for 2 hours.
- Then take a fork and break up any remaining chunks.
- Drain the water and go on to browning.
- You will have some water while browning but it will slowly steam off.
- Brown beef, onion and shortening.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- You may have to add some water.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »