- 1cupbrown rice
- milk, to cover rice
- 1/2cupdry milk
- 1/4teaspoonnutmeg(I don’t like nutmeg, so I wouldn’t use but a dash, but its your choice)
- 1/4cupground nuts
- 1tablespoonorange zest
- 1/2cupraisins (optional)
- orange slices, to garnish (optional)
- Mix rice water and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stir, cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer 35-40 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Add milk to cover rice.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Garnish with orange slices, if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »