- 2lbshalibut steaks(North Pacific)
- water, as needed
- salt, to taste
- 1sprigfresh parsley
- 2tablespoonsbrown sugar
- 3dashesTabasco sauce
- 1 1/4cupsorange juice
- 2tablespoonslemon juice
- 1orange, peeled and in sections
- Boil some water (you will need enough to cover the fish)- once it has boiled, add some salt to taste.
- Put halibut into a large skillet and cover with boiling salted water.
- Place lemon, onion, parsley, and tarragon on top, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until halibut is just beginning to flake when poked with a fork (don’t overcook).
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch, brown sugar, salt, Tabasco, and butter in a small pan for the sauce.
- Add orange juice and lemon juice and cook and stir until thickened and clear.
- Add orange sections and heat through, then serve over fish.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »