FOR THE CAKE
- 200gground almonds
- 1/2teaspoonbaking powder
- 1/2lemon, juice only
FOR THE MASCARPONE CREAM
- 2tablespoonsvanilla sugar
- FOR THE CAKE:.
- Place the whole oranges in a pan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for two hours.
- Check periodically that they don’t boil dry and add water if needed.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C Grease and line with baking paper (including sides) a 20 cm (8 inch) springform pan.
- Remove the oranges from the water; cut in half and remove any pips.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, ground almonds, and baking powder until well mixed.
- Place the oranges in a food processor, skin and all, along with the lemon juice, and puree till the oranges are well broken down.
- To the food processor, add half of the eggs and half of the almond/sugar mixture; process until well combined.
- Add the remaining three eggs and the remaining almond mixture and process till thoroughly combined, scraping sides of bowl, as necessary.
- Transfer batter to the springform pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cake cool before serving, and serve with a generous dollop of the mascarpone cream.
- FOR THE MASCARPONE CREAM:.
- Transfer the mascarpone to a bowl, and soften with a spatula until smooth.
- Add the vanilla sugar and incorporate completely.
- It is now ready to serve!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »