- 1/2-1cupwarm water
- 2cupswhite flour
- In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup of the warm water with the yeast and the sugar.
- Stir it well to try to dissolve the yeast and sugar.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes or until it gets foamy.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the flour and salt.
- Pulse for about 5 seconds.
- When the yeast mixture is foamy add it to the flour and pulse for about 10 seconds.
- Turn the machine on.
- Start adding the remaining water a little at a time until the dough forms a ball.
- Once it forms a ball let it spin 25 times.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Put the ball of dough on top and cover it with a metal bowl you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- Let it sit there between 15 and 30 minutes depending on how much you want it to rise.
- Heat the oven to 425.
- When the dough is done rising, pat it out on your cookie sheet into the shape you want for your pizza.
- (Mine are often triangles because I am not very good at this step! But they sure are tasty!) Prick the crust repeatedly with a fork and bake it for about 5 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven.
- You can top it immediately or let it sit depending on your need.
- Once you have topped it, the pizza will need about 15-20 minutes to cook, or until brown.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »