- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1lbpotatoes, diced
- 1mediumonion, sliced
- 1mediumgreen pepper, diced
- 1/4teaspoonfresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)candiced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2cup choppedpimento stuffed olives(salad olives)
- fresh chives(to garnish)(optional)
- In nonstick 10-inch skillet with oven safe handle (or cover handle with heavy-duty foil for baking in oven later), heat olive oil over medium heat; add potatoes, onion, green pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk or fork, beat eggs with pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup water.
- Stir in tomatoes and olives.
- Stir egg mixture into potato mixture in skillet and cook, covered, 5 minutes or until egg mixture begins to set around edge.
- Remove cover and place skillet in oven; bake 15 to 20 minutes, until omelet is set.
- Carefully invert omelet onto large, flat plate.
- Let cool before cutting into 1-inch squares.
- Garnish with chives.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »