- 1 (12 ounce)jarherring in wine sauce
- 1mediumbermuda onion, thinly sliced
- 1largegranny smith apples, peeled,cored and coarsely chopped
- 1mediumdill pickles, chopped
- 1cupsour cream
- 1/8cupdistilled white vinegar
- 1sprigfresh dill or parsley(to garnish)
- Remove herring from jar.
- Drain and reserve sauce.
- Scrape off any black areas, skin and or membrane from each piece and cut into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine herring, onion, apple, pickle, sour cream, sugar and vinegar.
- Add remaining sauce and stir to coat all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Garnish with dill or parsley sprig.
- Serve with a good pumpernickel or rye bread and steamed potatoes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »