- 20small freshokra pods
- 3/4cupall-purpose flour
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1/4cupwhite cornmeal
- vegetable oil
- Wash Okra and trim stems.
- Drain well and place in a shallow container.
- Pour buttermilk over the okra in the shallow container and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cornmeal and pepper.
- Remove each okra pod from buttermilk and roll in cornmeal mixture.
- Pour about 1 inch of oil into a deep skillet.
- Fry okra in hot oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Salt if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »