- 3 1/2ouncesunsalted butter
- 4scallions, finely chopped
- 1lbbutton mushrooms or chestnutmushrooms, wiped and patted dry
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4fluid ouncessour cream
- 3fluid ouncesdouble cream
- 2ounces gratedcheddar cheeseor caerphilly cheeseor lancashire cheese
- Melt 2 oz of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the scallions and saute briefly.
- Stir in the mushrooms and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and getting brown.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 oz butter with the flour, working it to a paste.
- Stir this paste into the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the Cream.
- Season to taste.
- Place the mushrooms into a casserole.
- Sprinkle the cheese and the remaining butter on top.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »