- 1lbground beef
- 1/4lbground pork
- 6tablespoons finely choppedonions (optional)
- 1 beatenegg
- 1 1/4teaspoonssalt
- 1cupheavy whipping cream
- Mix ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, milk, egg and spices.
- Mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Heat 1 tbs.
- butter in pan.
- Place meat balls in pan and cook, turning as necessary to completely cook meat balls.
- When meatballs are done, take them out of the pan and place them on a plate.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and pepper together.
- To remaining drippings in pan, add flour mixture, stir with whisk.
- Add water to make a gravy.
- Slowly add 1 cup cream, stirring constantly.
- Stir until thick.
- Do not boil.
- Add meatballs to gravy and keep heat low.
- Allow flavors to blend.
- I would personally serve them with rice as a main course, but I don’t think that would be traditional.
- I think my mom used them as appetizers- to go with a Smorgasboard.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »