- 1 1/2lbsground lamb
- 1largeonion, finely chopped
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 2tablespoons your favoritecurry powder(I use Rogan Josh)
- 3/4cupred wineor beef broth
- 4teaspoonstomato paste
- 1/8-1/4teaspoonred pepper flakes(for you pepper bellies out there)(optional)
- 1/2teaspoonground cumin
- In a large, preheated heavy skillet over medium heat, brown lamb evenly.
- Drain of all fat.
- In same skillet, saute onion in olive oil until soft.
- Using mortar and pestal, grind garlic to a paste with the salt.
- Add paste to onions in skillet.
- Stir in curry powder and red pepper flakes if used.
- Return lamb to skillet and add tomato paste and broth or wine.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 to 20 minutes, or until flavors have blended and liquids are thickened.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »