- 1 (28 ounce)can whole peeledItalian tomatoes
- 2tablespoonsextra-virgin olive oil
- 2teaspoons choppedgarlic
- 6leavesfresh basil
- 6sprigsflat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4teaspoondried oregano
- 1/4teaspoonsalt(I like Kosher salt)
- [Skip this step if you're using fresh tomatoes] Mix and semi-puree all ingredients in a food processor for about 20 seconds. ‘It may seem a little too runny, but trust me–it works!’-Tom Fitzmorris.
- If you’re using fresh tomatoes, just slice and place evenly on top of crust, brush them with the olive oil, and sprinkle the next 6 ingredients over the tomatoes.
- Now pile on your favorite toppings and bake.That’s it!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »