- 1largesweet potato
- 1 mashedbanana
- 1cup freshmixed vegetablesor frozen mixed vegetables
- 1cup dicedapples
- 1 1/2cupsquick-cooking oatmealor corn flakesor granola cerealor similarcereal
- Prepare the sweet potato by piecing it several times with a knife or food skewer, then place the potato in the microwave and cook it on high power for about 5-9 minutes, or until the potato is tender.
- Half way through the cooking, turn the potato over; when it is finished cooking, set it aside on a plate or other surface and allow it to cool considerably.
- Once the potato is cool enough to handle, add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl, then use an electric mixer on a high speed to thoroughly beat all the ingredients together; blend for several minutes, or until everything has been reduced to tiny chunks, and the mixture is consistent.
- Check the consistency of the mixture, it shouldn’t be too thick; you should be able to mold it easily with your hands and have it hold its shape- adjust the consistency by adding water as needed.
- Line a small baking sheet or tray with waxed paper; begin to form some marble sized balls of the mixture by tearing off chunks and rolling them between your hands.
- Arrange each ball onto the prepared baking sheet, then repeat with the remaining mixture until you run out of mixture can no longer make any more balls.
- The balls are ready to be served immediately.
- Promptly place any leftover in the refrigerator until ready to use; Alternately, you can individually wrap each ball in waxed paper, foil, or plastic wrap, if space is an issue or you don’t have a baking sheet to use.
- Defrost the frozen balls before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »