- 2teaspoonsolive oil
- 1largeSpanish onion, peeled and diced
- 3clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/2cupcelery, diced
- 3cupscarrots, sliced
- 2parsnips, grated
- 4largesweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/4cupspearl barley
- 2 1/2-3quartschicken stock
- 3cupschickens, poached and diced
- 1/4cup freshly choppeddill
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy stock pot.
- Saute garlic, onions, celery and carrot for 8 minutes.
- Add parsnips, barley, chicken and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil; simmer on medium-high heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Add dill and season.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »