- 1 (16 ounce)packagedried black-eyed peas, rinsed/picked over
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce)canbean with bacon soup
- 3cupshot water
- 3mediumcarrots, chopped
- 2mediumonions, sliced
- 1teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/2teaspoonseasoning salt
- 3lbsboneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat in 2 inch chunks
- 1teaspoonhickory liquid smoke
- 1 (4 ounce)candiced green chilies
- 1red bell pepper, chopped
- In a 5-6 quart electric slow cooker, mix together the beans, undiluted soup, hot water, carrots, onions, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- Place the roast on top.
- Press into the bean mixture to cover as much as possible.
- Cover and cook on the Low heat setting 9-10 hours, or until the beef and beans are tender.
- Increase the heat setting to High.
- Stir in the liquid smoke, chiles, and bell pepper.
- Cook, uncovered on High for 10-15 minutes longer.
- Skim any excess fat from the top before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »