- 3cupsflour, sifted
- 1 1/2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 1 1/4teaspoonssalt
- 1cupraisinsor currants
- Heat frying pan to 350°F.
- Beat together 2 eggs and 6 Tbsps Milk.
- Add dry ingredients & shortening in a mixing bowl, blend well.
- Add Egg and Milk mixture to dry ingredients, stir until well mixed.
- Place plastic on bowl to cover dough & chill dough in refrigerator about 2 hours.
- On floured board, roll dough in 4 parts to 1/4″ thickness.
- Cut shapes with floured glass or cookie cutter.
- Fry in electric fry pan until golden.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »