- 4large ripepeaches
- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 2eggs, beaten
- 4-5tablespoonscreamor half-and-half
- 1tablespoonbutter, melted
- 1cupbutter, melted,browned & clarified
- 8tablespoonssugar, mixed with
- Stir together flour, eggs and four tablespoons of the cream until a stiff dough forms, just holds together.
- Add more cream ONLY if the dough isn’t holding together.
- Mix in salt, sugar & the melted butter.
- Knead on floured board until smooth, about 8-10 times.
- Cover with a warm bowl and let rest for 1/2 hour.
- Put a LARGE pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- Wash and dry peaches, but DO NOT PEEL OR PIT!
- After dough has rested, cut into four equal pieces.
- Flatten& stretch each piece of dough around one peach.
- Make sure entire peach is covered& there are no holes!
- Place dumplings in boiling water, cover & cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon, drain well & put each peach in its own bowl.
- Split the dumplings with two forks.
- We leave the pits in for presentation, but they can be taken out.
- Drizzle each dumpling with cinnamon sugar & clarified butter to taste.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »