- 2tablespoonsdry yeast
- 1/2cupvegetable oil
- 450mlwarm water
- eggs, to finish
- sesame seeds, to finish
- Place all the ingredients (except for the egg and the sesame seeds) in a bowl and knead until a good smooth dough has been achieved.
- You can either do this by hand or in a counter-top mixer with a dough hook.
- Place the dough in a bowl and let rise for one hour.
- During this one hour, punch down and knead the dough every 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into the amount of loaves you want, then divide each piece into 3 and start braiding.
- Place the braids on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Let rise for another 1/2 an hour.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 150 degrees C (300 degrees F).
- Bake the braids for 1/2 an hours.
- The dough is almost idiot-proof.
- It comes out smooth and gorgeous and the challahs are amazing.
- Very addictive.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »