- 16ouncesshell pastaor elbow macaroni
- 4cups of shreddedcheese(colby and mild cheddar mixed)
- 1/2cupcanned milk
- 2-3cups2% low-fat milkor skim milkor milk
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil noodles.
- Once done, add butter, salt and pepper and flour.
- Beat eggs and add to noodles.
- Pour milks then add cheese (add as much as you like. I normally do as my Jessica loves it cheesy- if adding more cheese, you may have to add more milk).
- Mix and pour into a casserole dish (13×9 will do).
- Add a bit more cheese on top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until it starts to brown around the edges.
- Set for about 20 minutes before serving as the milk may have to set.
- If too milky, bake for about 10-15 minutes more.
- I use as a side dish but my daughter (Jessica) and I always eat the leftovers as a meal.
- Enjoy my Mother’s mac & Cheese the Southern way.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »