- 2tablespoons mincedcarrots
- 2tablespoons mincedcelery
- 2tablespoons mincedred bell peppers
- 1tablespoon mincedgreen bell peppers
- 2largemushrooms, minced
- 1/4teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes
- 1tablespoonunsalted butter
- 1/2cupchicken broth
- 1/4cupdry vermouth or dry white wine(I prefer wine)
- 1/4teaspoon crumbleddried tarragon
- 1/2cupheavy cream
- 1/2lb freshlump crabmeat, picked over
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8cup gratedcheddar cheese
- 1/4cup freshly gratedparmesan cheese
- parsley(to garnish)
- In a small heavy saucepan, over moderate heat, melt butter and cook carrot, celery, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, mushrooms, and crushed red pepper for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, vermouth or wine, and tarragon and boil mixture until liquid is reduced to about 1 Tablespoon.
- Add cream and boil sauce until thickened- about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in crab meat, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and divide mixture between two one cup shallow baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and top with Parmesan.
- Broil gratin about 4 inches from heat until bubbling and golden- about 2 minutes.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes and sprinkle with parsley.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »