- 24largefresh mushrooms, washed
- 4-6tablespoonsbutter, melted
- 2ounceschorizo sausages, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced(24 pieces)
- 1-2jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2cupsmonterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1smallred bell pepper, roasted or2 pimientos, cut into 24 pieces
- 1/4cupgreen onions, minced
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Brush mushroom caps with melted butter.
- Arrange mushroom caps, rounded side down, on prepared cookie sheet.
- Preheat broiler.
- On each mushroom cap, put one piece of sausage, then sprinkle with jalapenos, cheese and red bell pepper.
- Repeat with rest of the mushrooms.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source for 5-7 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Transfer mushrooms to a heated platter and sprinkle with green onion.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »