- 30 uncookedjumbo shrimpor uncooked x-largeshrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 30 freshasparagus spears, steamed(canned is okay, but fresh holds up much better)
- 30slicesmozzarella cheese
- 30slices thinpancetta(Italian cured dryed ham)
- 3/4cupbutter, melted
- 6-8 cloves very finely mincedfresh garlic (optional)
- 1/4cuplemon juice
- 1/4cupwhite wine
- black pepper
- 1/3cup gratedromano cheeseor parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepared a baking pan (large enough to hold all the shrimp).
- Peel, clean and butterfly the shrimp (slice down the center, but not all the way through).
- Place one piece of mozza cheese, and one piece of asparagus in the shrimp; then wrap with a piece of pancella (leaving the tail of the shrimp sticking out).
- Lay the shrimp carefully and evenly into the prepared baking pan; top with melted butter (mixed with the fresh garlic, if using), wine and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumbs, romano cheese and black pepper.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove to a platter or serving dish; top with the pan drippings– DELICIOUS!
- Note: fresh very finley minced fresh garlic may be added with the melted butter.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »