- 3/4lbchicken breasts
- 1cup freshbutton mushrooms
- 1/2cup cannedbamboo shoots, sliced
- 1/2cup cannedwater chestnuts, sliced
- 1sliceginger, finely chopped
- 1clovegarlic, minced
- 1cupchicken stock(see note *)
- 1-2tablespoonoyster sauce
- 2tablespoonssoy sauce
- 1tablespoonrice wineor dry sherry
- 1/8teaspoonsesame oil
- oil, for stir-frying
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Add seasonings in the order given and marinate chicken for about 15 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, prepare vegetables.
- Rinse and slice bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
- Slice and chop ginger, and peel and mince garlic clove.
- Prepare sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat wok and add oil.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until it changes color.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for several seconds, then add bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts.
- Stir-fry briefly.
- Give the sauce a quick re-stir, then make a well in the middle of the wok and add sauce.
- Cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened.
- Return chicken to wok.
- Mix together and serve hot.
- *Youcan also use chicken broth.
- Just bring it to a boil, add a bit of rice wine for flavor, and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Another variation is to boil the mushrooms in the chicken broth before stir-frying.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »