- 1/2cup choppedonions
- 1quartsauerkraut, well rinsed and squeezed dry
- 1potato, peeled and grated
- 1teaspooncaraway seeds
- 2-3cupsboiling water
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or a heavy saucepan.
- Add onion and cook until golden yellow.
- Stir in sauerkraut and 1/2 cup water, cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add potato and caraway seed, mix well.
- Pour in about 2 cups of boiling water.
- Cook uncovered over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Cover, and continue cooking for 30 minutes longer.
- If it starts to dry out, add the additional 1/2 cup of boiling water.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »