- 40largemarshmallows, divided
- 1 1/2cupscanned milk(not sweetened condensed)
- 12ouncessemi-sweet chocolate chips, nestle preferred
- 1/2lbbutteror margarine
- 1cup choppednuts(I never use them so I”m guessing)
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a pan (I use an 8 quart to have plenty of room for stirring).
- Use the butter wrappers to grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cut up 20 large marshmallows into the pan.
- (Can use 2 C mini) Put in the freezer.
- Place 20 large marshmallows, canned milk and sugar in 6-8 quart heavy pan.
- Stirring, bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil exactly 5 minutes, stirring constantly (Don’t worry if there are some darker streaks, just stir better).
- Pour mixture over chocolate chips and butter.
- Continue stirring until mixture looses it’s shine and becomes glossy.
- This can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and frozen marshmallows.
- (You can also add nuts at this point).
- Return to the buttered pan and refrigerate.
- I’ve made this in small tins for gifts by lining them with plastic wrap and placing a piece of cardboard, covered with parchment, on the bottom (inside the plastic wrap).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »