- 1 (18 1/4 ounce)packagedevil’s food cake mix
- 1/2cupheavy cream, plus
- 2tablespoonsheavy cream
- 1/4canola oil
- 4tablespoonsinstant coffee powder
- 2tablespoons watkinsunsweetened cocoa powder
- 1cupmini chocolate chips
- 2 (16 ounce)cansvanilla frosting
- chocolate curls, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 2 (9″) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- At low speed, beat cake mix, eggs, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup cream, oil, 2 tbsp coffee powder, and cocoa for 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in chips.
- Divide batter between pans.
- Bake 30 min or until toothpick inserted into centers come out clean.
- Cool on racks 20 minute Remove from pans, cool.
- Combine remaining cream and coffee, stir into frosting, chill until spreadable.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving platter; spread with 1 cup frosting.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- Spread top and side with frosting.
- Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »