- 1lbbutter, softened
- 1cuppowdered sugar
- 1tablespoon freshginger juice
- 2tablespoonsground ginger
- 3/4cupcandied ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together all ingredients in mixture, maybe take up to 5 minutes of steady working.
- While you work the dough, it is helpful to ling a little Scottish song- the shortbread depends on this for it’s authenticity.
- Pat into two 3-inch cirles that are 1-inch thick, or shape it however you want.
- Prick it all over to keep it from rising too much.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the dough relax.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce oven tempurature to 300 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the over and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- If baked in rounds, cut into wedges.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »