- 600gapples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2cupmint leaves, chopped
- 1/4cupboiling water
- 1tablespooncaster sugar
- 1tablespoonwhite wine vinegar
- 2tablespoonsred currant jelly
- salt and pepper
- Place apples and water in saucepan over medium heat.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Roughly mash apples, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place mint into a small heatproof jug.
- Pour boiling water over mint and stir to combine.
- Add mint mixture, sugar, vinegar, redcurrant jelly and salt and pepper to apple, stir to combine.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until redcurrant jelly dissolves.
- Serve with roast lamb or pork.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »