- 400mlwhipping cream, whipped
- 600mlall-purpose flour
- 2teaspoonsbaking soda
- 1teaspoonground cloves
- 1teaspoonground ginger
- 4tablespoons meltedbutter
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Grease and flour a 2 litre cake pan (I use a Bundt pan).
- Whip eggs with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the whipped cream to the egg mixture, mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour with baking soda and the spices.
- Add dry ingredient mixture alternately with the molasses, mixing well after each addition.
- Finally, add the melted butter, mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 175 C for 30 minutes.
- After the first 30 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 150 C and bake for further 20-30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »