- 3lbscooking apples, peeled,cored and roughly sliced(1.4kg)
- 3 1/2ouncesbrown sugar(100g)
- 3 1/2ouncescaster sugar(100g)
- 7ouncesunsalted butter, softened(200g)
- 7ouncesground almonds(200g)
- slicedalmonds, for decoration
- Combine the apples and brown sugar in a large pan and cook over a low heat until soft.
- Beat eggs together with the caster sugar in a large bowl, then mix in the butter and ground almonds to create a smooth paste.
- Divide the cooked apples between six ramekins and spread the almond paste on top.
- Sprinkle some sliced almonds on top of each and and bake in a preheated oven at 160C/320F for about 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with whipped cream or ice cream.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »