- 14ouncescanned black beans or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2mediumtomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1clovegarlic, crushed
- 1shallot, minced
- 1chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1teaspoonlime zestor lemons, zest of
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 2tablespoonslime juiceor lemon juice
- 3teaspoonsmaple syrup
- salt and pepper
- 3tablespoonsfresh cilantro, chopped
- 106-inch corn tortillas
- 2-3tablespoonscanola oil, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 400F/200°C.
- Prepare the cups- Using a 2″ round pastry cutter, cut 3 rounds from each tortilla (discard trimmings); you’ll need to press firmly to cut through.
- Brush both sides with canola oil.
- Press tortilla rounds into mini muffin pan, then bake for approx 6 mins until crisp.
- While the cups are cooling on wire rack, prepare the filling- Combine beans, tomatoes, garlic, shallot, pepper, zest, olive oil, juice and maple syrup in a mixing bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- Assembling the appetizers- Spoon the bean mixture into each tortilla cup and sprinkle chopped cilantro just before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »