- 6slicesbacon, chopped
- 1cup choppedonions
- 1jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 (15 ounce)canblack beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)cantomatoes(I use petite diced tomatoes)
- 1teaspoongarlic salt
- 1/2teaspoonground cumin
- 1/2teaspoonchili powder
- 2tablespoonslime juice
- Saute bacon until crisp, then set aside.
- Drain all except 1 T bacon grease.
- Saute onion and jalapeno in remaining bacon grease.
- Add all remaining ingredients except bacon and simmer until beans are hot and tomatoes have reduced a bit.
- Top with bacon pieces.
- If you like more spice you can either leave some seeds in the jalapenos or add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »