- 1/2cupbutteror margarine
- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1cupcoconut, flaked
- 3-4cupsconfectioners’ sugar(approx)
- Cream margarine, shortening and sugar, then add flour; whirl coconut in food processor, scrape down container and whirl again; add to flour mixture and blend well.
- Place two 16-inch lengths of plastic wrap on flat counter and spoon half of dough along the lengthwise center of each piece of plastic; fold edges of plastic over dough and shape into a”log” a little larger than the diameter of a golf ball; fold plastic wrap ends under and chill in refrigerator until firm.
- When dough has chilled, preheat oven to 375° and slice rounds/discs of dough approximately 1/4-inch thick; arrange on non-stick cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet and immediately place in confectioners’ sugar, cover both sides of cookie, shake off excess, then place sugar coated cookies on a wire rack to cool; the cookies are very tender when they are warm and will break easily.
- When cookies are completely cool, coat in confectioners’ sugar a second time then store in a cool place.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »