- 1 (16 ounce)canwhole berry cranberry sauce
- 1cupbrown sugar
- 1/2cuppinot noir wine
- 2teaspoonsprepared mustard
- 2lbslean ground beef
- 1 1/2cupsfresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2cup finely choppedcelery
- 1/2cup finely choppedonions
- 2eggs, beaten
- 1tablespoonworcestershire sauce
- 2teaspoonsgarlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a shallow baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, celery, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper.
- Shape into 24- 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place in one layer in baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, stir together the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, Pinot Noir and mustard.
- Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and set aside until needed.
- After the first 20 minutes of baking, pour Cranberry and Pinot Noir Sauce over meatballs.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove meatballs and sauce to a serving platter and serve warm.
- A chafing dish or crockpot keeps them warm for buffets.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »