- 1/4cupfresh lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoonhot pepper flakes
- 1teaspooncracked black pepper
- 1/2teaspoonkosher saltor coarse sea salt, to taste
- 4sliceslemons, zest of
- 3garlic cloves, crushed with the side of a cleaver or minced
- 1/4cup coarsely choppedfresh parsley
- 1/4cup coarsely choppedfresh basilor fresh cilantroor fresh dillor fresh oregano(or a mix of all four)
- 1/2cupextra virgin olive oil
- Combine the lemon juice, hot pepper flakes, cracked pepper, and salt in a nonreactive (glass, ceramic, or stainless steel) bowl and whisk until the salt crystals are dissolved.
- Add the lemon zest, garlic, parsley, and basil.
- Stir or whisk in the olive oil.
- The virtue of this marinade is its freshness; use it within 1 to 2 hours of making.
- Stir again before using.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »