- 50gwhite rice
- 50ggreen gram(split)
- 1cup choppedmixed herbs(coriander leaves, mint leaves, celery, parsely and basil)
- 1cup choppedonions
- 1teaspoonginger, grated
- 1teaspoongarlic, chopped
- 2teaspoonswheat germ
- 1/4teaspoonred chili, pod
- 1teaspooncumin seeds
- 1/4teaspoonasafetida powder
- 1dried bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- 2teaspoonsvegetable oil, for tempering
- 4-6curry leaves
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds and let it splutter for few seconds.
- Add astefeodia, bay leaf, curry leaves.
- After the leaf change color add garlic and ginger,let it cook for sometime.
- The add onions, salt, chilli pd.
- Mix for few minutes till onions are slightly transparent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and water a little over twice the volume of rice.
- Transfer it in pressure cooker or rice cooker and cook till done.
- Serve hot with curd or any kind of raita.
- For decoration speinkle the khichdi with chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »