- 1 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 3/4teaspoonbaking powder
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- 1/2cup full fatplain yogurt
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1/2cup of meltedbutter(do not use margarine)
- 1-2tablespoongreen tea powder(matcha)
- 1teaspoon of lukewarmwater
- 1tablespooncream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 mini loaf pans or 1 standard loaf pan with parchment paper and/or coating it with non-stick spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar and mix until well incorporated; add the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Add vanilla and yogurt and mix well; gradually add the melted butter and continue to blend until the cake batter is smooth.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the powdered green tea and about a teaspoon of luke warm water into a paste; if desired, add a tablespoon of cream and continue mixing this into a paste.
- Add about 1/4 to 1/3 of the cake batter to the green tea mixture; blend until it is a solid green color.
- Add the green tea batter to the plain batter with a rubber spatula; make 1 or 2 large swirls with the rubber spatula, being careful not to over-do it.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan (s), and bake for about 40 minutes; cake will be done when it is slightly springy in the middle.
- Note: The cake is best if you let it rest 1-2 days in the fridge; wrap tightly with saran wrap and aluminum foil and let the flavors develop.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »