- 1/2cupbrown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2cupbutteror margarineor shortening, softened
- 1/2cuppeanut butter(crunchy or creamy, your pick)
- 1/2cupmaple syrup
- 1largeegg yolk
- 1 1/2cupsflour
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 1/4teaspoonbaking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add syrup and the egg yolk and beat well.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- If necessary, refrigerate for 15-30 minutes for easier handling.
- Shape dough into 1″ balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- With a fork dipped in sugar, flatten balls with a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes until golden brown.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »