- 1boneless skinless chicken breastor turkey breast
- water, to cover
- salt, to taste
- chicken bouillon (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- Place your chicken (or turkey) in a pot and just cover with water.
- If you wish to add chicken bullion, do so at this point, otherwise, save any salt until the end or less your chicken may not be as tender.
- Bring to the boil over high heat, lower heat and simmer until the chicken is fully cooked, tender and falling apart, much like a pulled pork sandwich.
- Pull chicken apart into”strings”, using two forks and return to broth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve, using a slotted spoon, on white rolls, as a hot sandwich.
- I believe this could be made with leftover turkey, white and dark meat chicken or turkey or any other number of ways.
- This is traditionally a very very plain dish/sandwich so I guess it’s good for children if you leave out a lot of the salt.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »