- 500gboneless pork(I use pork tenderloin)
- 1onion, sliced(I use bombay onions – the big purple ones)
- 1bay leaf
- 2tablespoonscoriander powder
- 2teaspoonsground cumin
- 1tablespoonground fenugreek(this I omit)
- 1 1/2teaspoonsground turmeric
- 1teaspoonground ginger
- 1tablespoonchili powder(this is hot, so use your own discretion)
- 1/2teaspoonground cloves
- 1/2teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1tablespoonground mustard
- 2tablespoonsvinegar(I use Japanese Rice Vinegar)
- 400gtomatoes, skin removed,seeded and diced
- Combine marinade with vinegar and a little water (I do not add water- I use the marinade as a rub).
- Rub well into meat and marinate preferably overnight.
- Fry onion in margarine for 2-3 minutes (at this stage I add in tomatoes).
- Stir in meat and bring to a boil.
- Add bay leaf.
- Simmer 40- 45 minutes until the liquid becomes a thick and rich sauce.
- Add salt to taste.
- (You can add a little water if you want more gravy- I normally add between 1- 2 tablespoons depending on how juicy are the tomatoes I add in).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »