- 12ears freshsweet corn
- 6large ripetomatoes(peeled, seeded, roughly chopped)
- 2mediumonions(chopped fine)
- 2largebell peppers(chopped fine)
- 2teaspoonsground black pepper
- Shuck the corn.
- Working with one cob at a time hold over a bowl and cut away the kernels in layers (you don’t want to end up with whole kernels).
- Scrape the knife down the cob to”milk” it.
- Heat the butter in a Dutch oven or other large heavy pot over medium-high heat then add the onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes.
- Sauté until onions are transparent (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in the salt and pepper then add the corn and the milk (from the cobs) and stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until the corn is tender (20-30 minutes).
- If mixture begins to dry out before corn is tender, add a little milk and butter.
- Notes: Sometimes I add some andouille or smoked pork sausage or tasso just to give it a change of taste.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »