- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1lbturkey kielbasa, cut in half then sliced into 1/2 inch half moon pieces(or other low-fat smoked turkey sausage)
- 1lbturkey ham, cubed(or other low-fat ham)
- 2cupsonions, chopped
- 12cupsreduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1teaspoonground black pepper
- 4cupsinstant potato flakes
- 2lbskale, rinsed, deveined and chopped
- 4cupsnapa cabbage, shredded(one head)
- 4 (15 ounce)canswhite kidney beans, drained(cannellini)
- In a large stockpot or dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat, and saute the kielbasa and ham for 5-6 minutes, until browned. Add the onions and saute for a few minutes more, until they are softened. If at any time the pot is looking dry, add a splash of stock to continue the saute.
- Next add the stock and the black pepper and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add the potato flakes, stirring unitl dissolved.
- Add the kale and cabbage, then lower the heat to simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the cabbage and kale are tender. Add the drained and rinsed beans, then simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Before serving, taste and add salt as needed. (It shouldn’t need any as prepared stock and the smoked meats have plenty, but use your own judgement and add some if you deem it necessary.) Yum!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »