- 1 (1 lb)canpinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4cupnonfat sour creamor light sour cream
- 2-3teaspoonschili powder
- 1/2teaspoonground cumin
- 1/2cup shreddedfat-free cheddar cheeseor low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4cup thinly slicedscallions
- 1/4cup slicedblack olives
- 2tablespoons finely choppedjalapeno peppers (optional)
- Place the beans, sour cream, chil powder and cumin in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Spread the mixture over the bottom of a 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Top with the cheese, followed by the scallions, olives and jalapenos.
- Serve at room temperature or hot.
- If using a microwave oven, heat on high (100 percent power) for 5 to 6 minutes or until the edges are bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- If using a conventional oven, bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve with reduced fat tortilla chips.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »